Hello my friends, I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday morning. Today I wanted to take the time and share with you something that is very important to me. More often I find myself in a place comprised of a task-driven agenda, something pressed by the desire to achieve, the perpetual necessity to drive milestone after milestone. And please don’t get me wrong, in no way am I saying this is a bad thing, but it is a tricky place to find yourself in because it can lead to exhaustion and many health problems.
Some may say why should I slow down, others are way ahead of me, or I need to push to get this task done, which is a very good way to visualize. However let us look at the flip side, if you are exhausted to a working capacity of 60-70 of your best you, do you think you’re really that productive? I know I’m not.
Well, let us see what are the fabulous R&R benefits, and to name a few
- Improves the mood
- Reinforces cardiovascular system
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Can reduce chronic pain
- Improves immune health
- Decreases blood pressure
Relaxation seems to be simple, but sometimes you have to stop yourself, I know that the goal achievement model is almost like a drug, and in my case possibly an addiction. But we are not an artificial intelligence computing system, we need that rest.
My relaxation tips
- Doing anything over 55 minutes is a call for a quick stretch, a walk. Some may say that it’s hard to remember, and like most things, it’s something we have to learn. If you’re really having a hard time keeping track, you can set your phone alarm.
- Working over 10 hours a day is okay, but do not make it a habit.
- Working over 6 days a week is trouble, try not to miss a break day in your week.
- Don’t skip your yearly vacation, it doesn’t mean you have to splurge on going somewhere extravagant, just take the time to align yourself.
I sincerely hope this helped you as much as it did for me. And if you have any questions or suggestions please comment below. And please, please please stay safe out there
With all my love